For many of our clients, an Africa safari is a bucket-list experience. But did you ever think you could fly First Class to your destination, and do it all on points? It’s our job to make it happen.
AwardTickets: 150,000—230,000 points
AMEX/Chase: 450,000—850,000 points
Airlines: 380,000+ points
South Africa: An AwardTickets Success Story
Our Client’s Challenge: No availability for desired travel dates
- Our client wanted two Business Class tickets to Johannesburg, returning from Cape Town on fixed dates.
- Our client contacted American and was told there were no low-mileage tickets available for their travel dates.
- Our client had 400,000 AMEX and 505,000 American miles in two separate frequent flyer accounts.
The AwardTickets Solution: Long-term monitoring to find the perfect tickets
- We searched for 45 days to find the outbound fare, and more than 90 for the return.
- In the end, we booked Business Class tickets to Johannesburg, moving AMEX points to British Airways to obtain 100,000 miles each.
- For the return, we booked Qatar Airways using American Airlines points at 75,000 each.